- 2 cups Almond Amazake Shake or Strawberry Amazake Shake
- 2-3 tbsp Mitoku Rice Malt Syrup (to taste)
- 1½ tbsp Mitoku Kanten Flakes
- 1½ tbsp Mitoku Organic Kuzu
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium-size saucepan combine the amazake and rice syrup.
- Sprinkle the kanten flakes on top, heat to a simmer over medium heat without stirring, then simmer for 2 minutes, stirring gently until kanten is dissolved.
- Thoroughly dissolve the kuzu in 2 tbsp cold water and add it to the pan while stirring briskly. Simmer 2 minutes more, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into custard cups or small bowls and chill until firm before serving (about 2 hours). Garnish with fresh berries, toasted coconut, toasted slivered almonds, etc.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme