- 4 crookneck squash (or courgettes as an alternative)
- Vegetable oil, for basting
- 2 tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- Choose squash that are about the same size, so they will cook in the same amount of time. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Make several slices in the “tail” and carefully make shallow diagonal slits in both directions about 1-inch apart (see photo).
- Lightly oil a baking pan and brush a little oil on each “squash fish”. Bake for 45 mins, then remove and brush a little soy sauce on each piece.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 mins more, or until soft.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme