- ½ head medium-sized cabbage
- 2 tsp Mitoku Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Mitoku Organic Umeboshi Paste or minced Umeboshi
- Cut the cabbage half in half again lengthwise. Remove and thinly slice the core. Cut cabbage quarters crosswise into ⅛-¼-inch slices.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add umeboshi, and sauté briefly.
- Add cabbage and toss with umeboshi. (At first, umeboshi will not disperse evenly, but as you continue tossing and sautéeing, it will evenly coat cabbage.)
- After sautéeing, if no juice has come out of the cabbage, add a little water, cover, and simmer over low heat until tender (15-20 minutes).
- Serve hot.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme