- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Mitoku Organic Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste (optional)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup small parboiled broccoli florets, drained and cooled
- 1 small red or white onion, diced
- 2-3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced fresh basil, mint, or dill (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl, toss beans, broccoli, onion, parsley, and herbs together.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss.
- Let sit at least 30 minutes before serving. Stir occasionally to marinate evenly. Stored in a covered jar or bowl in the refrigerator, this salad will be at its best a day or two after it is made. To serve, line small bowls with leaf lettuce, fill with marinated bean mixture, and garnish with parsley or sprig of whichever herb is used in the salad.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme