- 2 cups shiitake dashi stock
- 1 tsp Mitoku Sesame Oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ small bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu or Mitoku Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Mitoku Organic Mirin (optional)
- 3 tbsp crushed Mitoku Organic Kuzu
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet or small saucepan or small saucepan. Add onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add stock, bay leaf, and salt. Gently simmer together 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add mirin and shoyu or tamari, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Thoroughly dissolve kuzu in 3 tbsp cold water and slowly add it to the sauce while stirring briskly. Return pan to heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep gravy hot (not boiling) until serving.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme