- 1 tbsp Mitoku Toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 shiitake or other variety of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, cut julienne
- small pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp Mitoku Organic Mirin (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1-inch lengths
- 1 tsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 3-inch section fresh ginger root, peeled and finely minced
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the mushrooms, then the carrots, and toss in the salt.
- Add the mirin and sauté briefly.
- Add the green onions and sauté for 5 minutes (carrots should still be a little crunchy, but not raw tasting). Lower heat, add shoyu and ginger, and toss.
- Add rice, breaking up clumps with the side of a wooden spoon.
- Mix thoroughly, cover, and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme