Less than 10 mins
This golden treat makes a perfect side dish for a holiday meal.
- 1 small acorn squash, quartered, seeded, peeled, and cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-wide slices
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Mitoku Organic Mikawa Mirin
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 3-4 whole cloves
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and gently simmer, covered, until squash is tender (15 to 20 minutes). With a slotted spoon, immediately transfer squash to a heated dish. Keep warm in a preheated 170°F oven.
- Strain cooking liquid and return to pot. Cook liquid down, uncovered, to half the volume (about 3 tablespoons). Check frequently to avoid burning.
- Pour glaze over squash and serve.