- 1 large bunch leafy greens (mustard, collards, kale, etc.)
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ medium carrot, cut julienne
- 2 tsp Mitoku Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Mitoku Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Mitoku Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Wash the greens and remove any tough stems from the leaves.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add the sea salt and as many whole leaves as will comfortably fit. Boil the greens until just tender (about 7 minutes for collards and kale, a little less for other greens).
- When the greens are tender, immediately remove them from the pot and plunge them into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking and hold the color. Drain, gently squeeze out excess water, and thinly slice. (If the leaves are very large, cut in half lengthwise first.) Cook remaining leaves.
- Boil the carrots 2-3 minutes, remove, and cool under running water. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, vinegar, and shoyu.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the greens and carrots with the dressing.
- Place the mixture in a serving bowl, garnish with sesame seeds, and serve.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme