- 6-inch strip Mitoku Kombu
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced into wedges
- ½ head cabbage, sliced into 3/4-inch wedges
- 2-3 large carrots, cut into small bite-sized chunks
- ½ butternut squash (peeled) or buttercup squash unpeeled), cut into large bite-sized chunks
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place kombu in a pie plate or small baking dish. Add water and soak at least 10 minutes. Remove kombu and cut it into 1-inch pieces, reserving soaking water.
- Place all vegetables in a baking pan or casserole dish. Add shoyu to kombu soaking water and pour over vegetables. Cover and bake until tender (about 50-60 minutes).
- Serve hot.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme