- ½ cup dried Mitoku Hijiki
- Water to cover Hijiki
- 1 tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 ears fresh corn
- ½ cup shelled green peas
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 4 tbsp natural prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp sesame butter or tahini
- 3 tbsp Mitoku Brown Rice Vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Soak hijiki 10 minutes. Drain, reserving soaking water, and rinse hijiki in a colander. Slice into 11 inch lengths.
- Slowly pour soaking water into a pot (discarding any sediment). Add hijiki and, if necessary, fresh water to almost cover. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes.
- Add shoyu and cook until water has evaporated (approximately 10 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil, add pinch of salt and corn cobs. Simmer 15 minutes. Take corn from water, allow to cool, then remove kernels from cobs.
- In the same water, boil the peas 10 minutes, and then the bean sprouts 1 minute. Place on a plate to cool after cooking.
- In a serving bowl, mix hijiki, corn, peas, bean sprouts, and raw carrot.
- Blend dressing ingredients together until smooth, then add dressing to salad. Mix well before serving.
*Recipe from Peter and Montse Bradford, authors of Cooking With Sea Vegetables.