Over an hour
- 6 cups water
- 5 Mitoku Dried Shiitake(In a pot, submerge the shiitake in water and soak for 2 hours or longer)
- 2 slices peeled fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ⅓ cup diced red bell pepper or thinly sliced celery
- 2½ oz/ 70g clear noodles, such as Mitoku Bifun
- 1½ edible pod peas, trimmed and diagonally cut into 2-3 pieces
- 2 tsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp chili-flavored Mitoku Sesame Oil
- Remove shiitake, cut off and discard stems, and thinly slice caps. Return caps to soaking water.
- Add ginger to the shiitake stock and gently simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard ginger.
- Add salt, carrots, and bell pepper or celery, and simmer 10 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, boil noodles in another pot for 5-6 minutes. Rinse cooked noodles under cold running water, drain well, and chop into 2-inch lengths. Divide noodles among individual serving bowls.
- To the simmering pot, add peas and soy sauce and simmer a minute more. Add chili-flavored sesame oil and remove from heat.
- Ladle hot soup over noodles and serve.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme