- ½ cup Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6-inch strip Mitoku Kombu, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups thinly sliced turnips
- 5 thin slices peeled fresh ginger root
- Sterilize a pint-sized jar by boiling it in water for 10 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Combine all ingredients, place in jar, and cover with cheesecloth. Keep in a cool place for 3 days.
- Remove cheesecloth, cover jar tightly with a cap, and let stand 2 more days before eating.
- Store in a refrigerator or cold place and use within one month.
Recipe from Peter and Montse Bradford, authors of Cooking With Sea Vegetables.