Less than 10 mins
- 6-inch section Mitoku Wakame
- Water for boiling Wakame
- 1 bunch watercress (large stems removed), chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered lengthwise, and sliced
- 1 head Boston (bibb) lettuce
- 2-3 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Lemon-Tahini Dressing
- Soak wakame in water to cover for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Rinse carefully to remove any shells clinging to the leaves.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, and blanche wakame for a few seconds. Immediately plunge the fronds into cold water so they retain their color. Drain well, cut off and discard any tough ribs, chop fronds, and set aside in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add watercress and cucumber to wakame and toss together. (Peel cucumber if waxed.)
- Wash lettuce leaves and spin or pat dry.
- Arrange bed of lettuce leaves on individual salad plates or in wide, shallow bowls. Place a mound of salad mixture on top of each serving. Edge each mound with radish slices and top with a sprinkling of roasted seeds.
- Prepare dressing and serve on the side.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme