- 3 cup Mitoku Dried Lotus Root Pieces
- 18 inches (approximately) Mitoku Burdock Root
- 2 large carrots
- 2-3 tsp light or toasted Mitoku Sesame Oil
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Mitoku Organic Mirin (optional)
- 1-1½ tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- Soak lotus root for 2 hours.
- Scrub burdock well, cut into julienne strips about the size of wooden matchsticks, and place in cold water to prevent discoloration.
- Cut carrots similarly, but a little larger than the burdock.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Drain burdock, and sauté it for 5 minutes, adding a tsp or two of water as needed to prevent scorching.
- Add carrot, then drained lotus root, and sauté briefly after each addition.
- Add the salt and 1 tbsp of the mirin, toss, lower heat, cover, and simmer until just tender. (Check occasionally and add a little water if necessary to prevent scorching.)
- Add shoyu and the other tsp of mirin and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme