- 6 cups (1440ml) water or kombu stock
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in the water overnight or for at least 2 hours
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 ½ cups (100g) chopped greens (such as kale or mustard greens)
- 1 cup (225g) Mitoku Organic Brown Rice Miso or Mitoku Organic Barley Miso
- Remove the shiitake from the soaking water, cut off and discard the tough stems, thinly slice the caps, and place in a pot with the soaking water. Bring to a simmer, add sliced carrot, and cook for 5 to 10 mins.
- Add the greens and cook for 5 to 10 mins more. Turn off heat. Dilute the miso in a little of the broth, then add to soup. Allow to steep briefly before serving.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme