- 8 oz uncooked Mitoku Thin Soba or Mitoku Whole Wheat Somen
- 4 sheets Mitoku Sushi Nori or Mitoku Hoshi Nori
- 1-1½ tsp Mitoku Organic Wasabi
- 1½ tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1½ tbsp water or soup stock
- 1½ tsp Mitoku Mirin (optional)
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the package. Rinse under cold running water or in a cold water bath until cool enough to handle, then drain thoroughly. Once drained, neatly arrange noodles on a clean, dry towel. Spread them out in even lines from left to right.
- Toast nori (or use pre-toasted sushi nori). Place one sheet of nori, toasted side down, on a sushi mat, small towel, or counter. Lay one quarter of the noodles side by side across the nori. (There should be ½ inch of uncovered nori at the bottom and the top.) Roll up nori as firmly as possible. Let the roll rest on its seam. Repeat with remaining sheets of nori and noodles.
- Using a sharp knife (and cleaning the blade after each cut), carefully slice rolls in half, then cut each half into 3 equal pieces.
- Make dipping sauce by combining shoyu, water or stock, and mirin in a small bowl. Place in small individual saucers.
- To serve, place noodle roll pieces, cut side up, on a platter along with mound of wasabi paste. Add wasabi to individual bowls of dipping sauce. Wasabi is strong-flavored, so begin by adding a small amount to sauce, then add more depending on individual taste.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme