Less than 10 mins
- 1 cup Mitoku Dried Maitake Mushrooms (Soak the maitake in 1 cup tepid water for 30-40 minutes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp fresh ginger juice (grate root and squeeze to extract juice)
- 4 orange roughy fillets, 4-6 oz each
- Gently squeeze out excess water and finely chop. Save the soaking water for stock for soups or sauces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt and sauté over medium heat for a minute.
- Add the maitake, lemon juice and shoyu, and sauté for 2-3 minutes, then cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes more.
- Add the parsley and ginger juice and toss well.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and place them over the mushroom mixture.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, or until the fillets are just cooked.
- Serve the fish covered with the maitake-onion mixture and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme