Less than 10 mins
- 1 tsp Mitoku Toasted Sesame Oil
- 6 pieces Mitoku Mochi (2 x 21 inches)
- Some Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 sheet Mitoku Sushi Nori, cut into strips
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add mochi and cook, covered, over low heat until mochi bottoms are slightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Flip mochi pieces, add 1 – 2 tsp water to create steam and to soften mochi, cover again, and cook a few minutes more. Remove cover as soon as mochi is cooked (to prevent mochi from melting).
- Cooked mochi is often served with a shoyu and ginger-based dip. It can also be rolled in a mixture of equal parts shoyu and water, then wrapped in strips of nori.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme