- 1 8-oz package pasta shells
- 4 cups broccoli flowers and stems, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, julienne
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup sesame seeds, light roasted in a dry pan
- 1½ cups Mitoku Seitan, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 1-2 tbsp Mitoku Organic Tamari Soy Sauce (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Mitoku Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the package, drain, rinse in cool water and set aside.
- Separately blanche broccoli and carrots by dropping them into boiling, lightly salted water until they turn bright in color (3-5 minutes). Immediately immerse them in water to set the color, then drain and set aside.
- Toss the pasta, vegetables, sesame seeds and seitan together in a large bowl. Combine all sauce ingredients in a suribachi (Japanese grinding bowl), mortar, or blender and mix well. Pour over salad, toss gently, and serve.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme