- 20 large or jumbo shrimp
- 480ml kombu stock
- 240ml Mitoku Organic Mikawa Mirin
- 3 tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp sake (or increase mirin to ⅓ cup)
- 1 large or 2-3 small lettuce leaves per serving
For the dip:
- 1 tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- Peel the shrimp, leaving the tails attached. Devein and rinse.
- Combine the stock, mirin, soy sauce, and sake in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp and simmer gently until just pink (2-3 mins). Remove and drain.
- Combine the ingredients for the dip. Arrange individual servings of shrimp on a bed of lettuce and serve with the lemon-soy sauce dip.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme