Less than 10 mins
- 1 tbsp Mitoku Sesame Oil or butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ cups Mitoku Seitan, sliced
- 1½ tbsp whole wheat flour or arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine mixed with ⅓ cup water
- 6 oz egg noodles
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and sauté onions over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté together briefly, then add seitan and brown lightly.
- Sprinkle with flour or arrowroot and toss to coat evenly and roast slightly.
- Add shoyu, pepper, herbs, and wine mixture to just cover the seitan. Stir gently then simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package. After rinsing and draining, divide noodles and place them in individual serving bowls.
- Cover with a generous portion of Bourguignonne and garnish with parsley.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme