- 1 cup crushed Mitoku Organic Kuzu
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup tahini
- Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce, to taste
- Peeled and finely grated ginger to garnish
- In a medium-sized pan, thoroughly dissolve kuzu in the water. Mix in tahini. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. As soon as the mixture begins to bubble, stir briskly and vigorously to prevent lumping and to assure a smooth texture. Continue stirring vigorously approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour into a casserole or similar container and chill until firm. Slice into small sections. Sprinkle shoyu (to taste) over individual servings. Top with a dab of grated ginger, and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe by Kazuhiro Taguchi