- 8 oz fresh tofu
- 1 cup Mitoku Organic Sweet White Miso
- 2 tbsp Mitoku Organic Brown Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp safflower or Mitoku Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- Place tofu in boiling water to cover. Turn off heat, cover, let sit a few minutes, then place the tofu in cold water briefly to cool. Remove, wrap in cheesecloth or porous cotton, and gently squeeze out excess water.
- Place first five ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If too thick, add a little oil or water. Let rest, refrigerated, at least two hours to allow flavors to heighten. (It is best not to attempt to adjust seasonings before the mixture has rested.) This spread may be made one or two days in advance if kept covered and chilled.
- To serve, place a heaping tsp on the lower third of each endive leaf. Tuck a sprig of watercress into the spread so it rests on the endive leaf. Place the pieces on a platter in a fan shape, or make another attractive design.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme