- 3 cups Shiitake Dashi
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp Mitoku Organic Tamari or Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mitoku Organic Mirin
- 8 ounces uncooked Mitoku Organic Soba
- 1 tsp Mitoku Organic Wasabi
- 1 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger root
- ¼ sheet Mitoku Sushi Nori, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp minced scallions
- Prepare stock in a medium-sized pot. Add salt, tamari or shoyu, and mirin. Simmer 1 minute, remove from heat, and refrigerate.
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the package, then rinse under cold running water, drain, and set aside.
- Divide cooked noodles into small noodle baskets, plates, or soup bowls. If noodles stick together, rinse under cold water and drain well before serving.
- Pour chilled dipping broth into small individual bowls. Set out prepared wasabi, ginger, nori, and scallion in separate bowls so they can be added to the broth according to individual tastes. About 2 tsp scallion and ⅛ tsp wasabi or ginger is recommended for every ½-⅔ cup broth.
- Dip each bite of noodles in chilled broth. If dip becomes weak, replace with fresh broth.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme