over an hour
- ½ cucumber
- 1 sheet Mitoku Sushi Nori
- 280g sushi rice
- 20g Mitoku Organic Sushi Ginger, finely sliced
- 20g Mitoku Sushi Daikon, finely sliced
- 1 Mitoku Sushi Mat
- Some Mitoku Shoyu or Tamari Soy sauce
- Some Mitoku Organic Wasabi
- Cut the cucumber portion lengthways into eighths. Finely slice into thin strips.
- Cut the nori sheet in half lengthways and place on a sushi mat. Spread 70g rice over the sheet, leaving a gap of 1cm on the side opposite you. (Tip: to make a neat roll, spread the rice more thinly where the filling is to go). Put the Sushi Ginger and cucumber at the centre.
- Place your thumbs at the back of the mat and lift it whilst supporting the filling with your fingers. Roll the rice away from you and press down lightly.
- Roll the sushi so that the edge of the nori sheet lies under the rolled sushi.
- Shape the sushi by pressing down on each end of the roll. Cut it into 6 pieces. Repeat the process for the other filling, Sushi Daikon.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
Our Mitoku Organic Tea selection is the perfect accompaniment to home-made sushi.