- 1 block firm tofu, drained and diced
- Plain flour
- Vegetable oil
- Scallions or toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
For the sauce
- 1 tsp Mitoku Organic Tamari or Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mitoku Organic Mikawa Mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- Drain the tofu thoroughly then coat with flour. Heat the oil in a pan then fry the tofu until it turns golden, remove from heat.
- Place the sauce ingredients together in a pan, simmer gently until thickened.
- Toss the coated tofu in the sauce, taking care to coat the tofu evenly, then serve. Sprinkle with chopped scallions or sesame seeds, to taste.
*Try replacing the tofu with vegetables of your choice, prepared in the same way as the tofu.