- ½ tsp Mitoku Organic Matcha
- 40ml hot water (70-80℃ )
These items are available from Mitoku but you can use alternatives where traditional equipment cannot be sourced
- Matcha bowl: to whisk the matcha you will need a fairly large bowl. A ceramic bowl is ideal.
- Matcha spoon: a long, thin bamboo tea spoon
- Matcha whisk: a bamboo whisk used to whisk the matcha into a froth
- Place one and a half teaspoons’ worth of matcha in a tea bowl. Matcha is very delicate, so make sure the spoon is clean to ensure that is does not pick up any odors.
- Bring cold water to the boil then allow the boiling water to cool down to 70-80℃ by pouring it into a cup and allowing the heat to dissipate. It is also a good idea to use hot water to warm the bowl or cup in which you will be serving the matcha in advance.
- Once the water is at the right temperature, add the water to the cup or bowl. Move the whisk briskly in an M-shaped pattern through the water. Once the tea and water are well mixed and the matcha begins to foam, your traditional matcha is ready to be enjoyed.