- 2 cups Almond Milk or plain rice milk
- 1 cup Mitoku Rice Malt
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 level tbsp Mitoku Kanten Flakes
- 1 ½ tbsp crushed Mitoku Organic Kuzu
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine 1¾ cups almond milk or rice milk, rice malt, and salt in a small saucepan. Sprinkle in kanten flakes and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 1 minute while stirring.
- Thoroughly dissolve kuzu in remaining ¼ cup milk and add to saucepan while stirring briskly. Return to a simmer and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix in vanilla and divide among four small dessert cups. Chill, uncovered, until firm (about 2 hours).
- Lemon Pudding – Add 1½ tbsp lemon juice and 1½ tsp lightly grated lemon zest along with the vanilla.
- Berry Pudding – Follow directions for Vanilla Pudding except blend 1½ cups fresh raspberries or strawberries with the almond or soymilk before heating, and reduce amount of vanilla to 1 tsp.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme