- 6 cups Kombu Dashi Stock (link to Kombu recipes) or Shiitake Dashi Stock (link to Shiitake recipes)
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 6-inch section Mitoku Wakame
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3-4 tbsp Mitoku Organic Brown Rice Miso Red or Mitoku Organic Barley Miso, or a combination of 2 tbsp Mitoku dark miso and 2-3 tbsp Mitoku Sweet White Miso
- In a medium-sized pot, bring stock to a simmer. Add carrots and simmer until tender (10-15 minutes).
- Soak wakame in cold or tepid water for 10 minutes, cut away any tough ribs, and slice fronds into 1-inch pieces.
- When carrots are tender, add wakame to soup, and simmer 1 minute. Add scallions and simmer another minute. Remove from heat.
- Dissolve miso in some of the broth, then return to the pot. Allow to steep briefly before serving.
Recipe by John & Jan Belleme