less than 10 minutes
10 - 30 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Mitoku Organic White Miso
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp water
- Wash the chickpeas in a sieve, then simmer in a saucepan for about 20 minutes till soft and mushy.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, put the tahini, freshly squeezed lemon juice and white miso in a blender and blend for about 1-2 minutes to form a smooth paste.
- Add the cumin powder, paprika powder, minced garlic and salt and blend for about 30 seconds.
- When the chickpeas are done cooking, transfer them to a sieve and run briefly under cold water. (Optional: remove the skins from the chickpeas during this step for a smoother paste.)
- Add the chickpeas and olive oil to the blender and blend for 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp of cold water, then blend for 1 more minute. Check the consistency and add more olive oil or water if necessary.
- Serve with vegetable sticks or pita bread and toppings according to preference.